Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Difference #3 and #4

I remember the first time Jay and I ate together at Wendy's. Couldn't tell you when it was, but I'm pretty sure he was in high school...maybe we both were? It was in Canyon, and after we ordered and were waiting for our food, I fillled up a few of those little ketchup cups to dip the fries in. He laughed at the absurdity of how small they were and how little ketchup they actually hold and proceeded to squirt a giant pile onto the tray....Silly little memory which I'm reminded of every time I enter a Wendy's or other fast food establishment that has ketchup dispensers.

Fast forward to the Netherlands 2011 (12-13 years beyond the original memory). Guess what Little Difference #3 is? They don't dip their fries (frites) in ketchup, they use mayonnaise. Gag! Little Difference #4? They will give you ketchup, but you have to pay for it. 50 Euro Cents for one little packet! I wonder how much they would charge for a giant pile on your tray??





Tot ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment