Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Dutch Practice Book

Several of you have asked what I do with myself during the day and how I am progressing on picking up the language. Well, actually, that is some of what I do with myself during the day!

I ordered Rosetta Stone back in March so I spend some of my time working on that. I am doing much better!  {And my kids at school would be pleased to know I finally passed Lesson One. They thought it was hilarious that I was stuck on het meisje (the girl).} Unfortunately, no matter how rockin' you are at a computer program, it is not the real world. I still have no clue what is going on around me, but I am starting to be able to pick out a few words here or there.

The other "tool" I've recently started using is this.





Don't laugh! This was a free book at the grocery store for purchasing over a certain amount of food. It is a summer activity book for kids! Now I do feel a little foolish for working on this during the day, but I'm not just completing the puzzles. I am using translation tools to learn some really basic, but important vocabulary!







Hahaha. I know it's funny, but it makes me feel confident because I'm having success! Hopefully you can see my notes off to the side. That's where I was guessing what the animals were and then looking htem up to see if I was correct.

dog= hond (pronounced hoe nt)
horse=paard (pronounced pard)
cat=kat (pronounced cot)

Tot ziens!





1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! :) Glad you passed lesson 1 and you found something fun to help out more!

    ReplyDelete