Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fall is in the Air??

Could it be? Is it really that time of year? Yes, I know it's getting toward the end of August...that it's back to school time, but could it really be? Is it FALL?


See, it never really got all that hot here. It has been very mild since I arrived in June. We probably had three or four days that I would call hot. The rest of our days the weather has been in the 60s and 70s, and of course, it rains so much here compared to anywhere else we've ever lived.


The last week or so, though, there has been a certain "crispness" in the air. 


You know, the kind that goes with fall. 


When Jay's parents were here, we noticed some trees by the train station here in town had leaves turning yellow. We weren't sure if it was a sign of fall or if the trees were sick. I think these pictures from this weekend confirm it, though. 





And so do the other trees around town. The leaves are turning, and if they haven't turned yet, they are that weak color of green right before they turn. No denying it, I guess. It's almost fall...my favorite season of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment