Friday, May 27, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

As sad as I am to be leaving my school and the AWESOME people I work with, I couldn't be more ready for summer vacation! One of my favorite parts of summer is ice cream. Love it!

Over at Kelly's Korner Blog there is a literal buffet of awesome desserts to make. It reminded me of one of my favorite treats, although it's so easy I'm not sure it qualifies as cooking. I've made this for work lunches and for treats for my students as school...ok, I've made it at home for just Jay and me too. It's sooooo yummy.



Here's what you need:
12 ice cream bars (I like to use vanilla ice cream sandwiched between chocolate)
Cool Whip
Chocolate syrup
Caramel syrup

Here's what you do:
1. Press the ice cream bars into a glass dish until they cover the entire bottom. You may have to break them and tear them apart to make them fit. Don't worry about what they look like.
2. Cover with Cool Whip.
3. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. (I usually try to make a design that doesn't turn out and looks more like something a child did). You could also vary it by adding different toppings or changing them...I'm thinking it would be just delicious with crumbled Reese's on top.
4. Refreeze for at least half an hour or so. Then, cut and serve like cake.

It's so easy and so yummy. Somehow it doesn't taste like just ice cream sandwiches! Might have to look for some ice cream sandwiches to make this treat when I get to The Netherlands.

Happy Summer!

Tot ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment