Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Going Away Party

Last Friday my dear, dear teaching partner (and quite possibly one of the best ladies you could ever know) threw me a going away party. If you aren't close to any teachers then you should know, it doesn't take much for us to have a get-together...especially on a Friday afternoon/evening. We had a wonderful time, and I was touched by the people who came, the cards, and gifts. I am going to miss these people like crazy!

Here are just a few pics from the night* (thank you, Tammy). Of course I didn't have my camera, but thankfully Tammy and Amber were prepared. Here are just a couple. I'll add more when I get copies of Amber's pictures.

*You may notice that even though it was May 20, we are definitely not dressed for summer (as most people around the country are). That is because we were having anything but summer weather. It snowed the ENTIRE day before, and was quite chilly still. Gotta love Wyoming weather!



Jenn, Judy Z., and me


Tammy and Bill


With my awesome friend Amber


Group Shot


Julie, Judy C., and Karen


Michelle is on the left...she's great, and she's moving up from 4th and taking my position next year


Tammy and Jenn
(These two are my burrito buddies...going to miss El Durango and these ladies!)


The glare from the window is bad, but here I'm opening cards and gifts...that's Jeri the awesome partner teacher on the right. I think I was laughing at a card.


Some friends got together and bought me a beautiful "Golden Buffalo" necklace. It's from a store here in town, and it is awesome and a perfect keepsake. Thanks, ladies (and Bill!). I'll have to get a better picture of it.

There were some tears shed that night, but mostly there was a lot of laughter. I am so grateful that I've had the opportunity to work with such awesome people over the last six years.

Tot ziens!







No comments:

Post a Comment